VISA Procedure

In order to study in Japan, foreign nationals living abroad have to apply for Certification of Eligibility for the status of residence at Immigration Bureau of Japan before they come to Japan.
Office for International Exchange will help you to get the certificate of eligibility.


  1. Please negotiate with a professor who you would like to study with and obtain the certificate of acceptance as a trainee of KPU.
  2. Office for International Exchange send the application form of Certificate of Eligibility to you. Prepare for the form and send it back to Office for International Exchange.
  3. Office for International Exchange submits the application for Certificate of Eligibility to Immigration Office in Kyoto on your behalf.
  4. Immigration’s investigation (It takes a month to 3 months)
  5. Your Certificate of Eligibility will be issued.
  6. Office for International Exchange will deliver your Certificate of Eligibility to your address.
  7. Submit a visa application form and the Certificate of Eligibility to the Japan Embassy near your home.
  8. Visa will be issued. Then you leave your country to come to Japan.
  9. When you enter Japan at the airport, your Residence Card will be issued and finally you will be approved to stay in Japan.
Kyoto Pharmaceutical University

Main Campus5,Misasagi-Nakauchi-cho,Yamashina-ku,Kyoto-shi,Kyoto,607-8414,Japan

South Campus1,Misasagi-Shichono-cho,Yamashina-ku,Kyoto-shi,Kyoto,607-8412,Japan

TEL: +81-75-595-4600 /FAX: +81-75-595-4750 / Office for International Exchange TEL: +81-75-595-4718